Share | 

Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Hey guys,

Got a character or awesome vehicle you think would be cool in the mod? Suggest it here. Stand out ideas will be taken into consideration over at the Dev House.

Remember, they must be canonical and remain true to the time-line. By the way, that would be from after Episode 3 up to Episode 5.

Note: Let's keep it as Empire only, just for now.

:The List:

Ground Vehicles
AT-ST
TIE Crawler (Century Tank)
2-M Repulsor Tank
S-1 Firehawk
Mobile Artillery (MA-4b)
74-z Speeder Bike

Air Vehicles
Lambda Shuttle
TIE Fighter
TIE Bomber

Support
MiniMag PTL missile launcher
Detonation Pack
DXR-6b disruptor
DLT-19
E-Web heavy repeating blaster

[- Zeridian -]

Last edited by Zeridian on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imperialreign.darkbb.com
Arca2
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:51 am

you should add if u havent already, the AT-PT, was introduced a between EPIII and EPIV, also known as (All Terrain- Personal Transport). it was known for it's fast speed and scouting abilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darthdraxcon
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:03 am

well, i have some idea for some of the weapons and units, for exsample, x-wings and tie-fighters for straffing runs, Y-wings and tie-bombers for bombing runs...

weapon replacements:
mg42s and 30'cals with E-WEB blasters
normal mortars with Photon grenade mortars
panzersreck and bazoogas with shouldermounted concussion missle launchers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nomad
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Darthdraxcon wrote:
well, i have some idea for some of the weapons and units, for exsample, x-wings and tie-fighters for straffing runs, Y-wings and tie-bombers for bombing runs...

weapon replacements:
mg42s and 30'cals with E-WEB blasters
normal mortars with Photon grenade mortars
panzersreck and bazoogas with shouldermounted concussion missle launchers

Hey! Welcome to the forums.

Good ideas but if you check the list you will see that they are already there (the mortars are aswell I think Zeridian just forgot them on this list). Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Yeah, welcome! I ain't sure about mortars yet. There are a couple good ones. So, as Nomad said, great ideas cause they were so good we had to read your mind Very Happy.

Quite awesome to know we are on the right track, cause we had picked those and hadn't shown the list publicly yet. So thanks for your suggestions, keep em coming. Even if we have them in already, having your input just reassures what you want and what gets put in the mod.

Back to top Go down
Darthdraxcon
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:27 pm

you read my mind??? ARGH JEDIES... *pulls a lightsaber that turns into a pretty pink flower* oh bollocks....

lol just kidding. i am only glad to help, i am already an adviser and starship stat provider for a mod for star wars empire at war FOC to make it more canon....i don't know about you guys, but i am pretty sick and tried of people making up their own classes of star destroyers and then claiming them be approved canon SDs..

and just because something is on wookiepidia, doesn't make it canon, exsample the Venator (you know... the main republican capital ship in episode III ROTS) if wookiepidia claims it is a star destroyer, then why does the new clone wars animated series, the new republican heroes and even G. Lucas himself say that it is normal a Crusier...when stuff like this happens i tent to belive the word of Lucas, i mean he is the creating GOD of star wars, his word is law.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 am

Yeah, its true it's best to keep more to the movies, but George Lucas created the mess that is the prequels. If he had the chance, he would probably disregard and rewrite the entire EU post ROTJ. I think we are fine for normal canons sake though.

Back to top Go down
Darthdraxcon
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:34 am

well, i like the prequels, but i wouldn't say that they are a mess, the only mess there is, is made by those fans who can't get it through their heads that just because the star wars universe has grown and expanded, doesn't give them the right to make up their own crap and say it is canon.

i will give you an example, In the holy words of Lucas himself, where does the Star wars saga end?

give me what you think is the answer and i will tell you if you need to have a SSD rammed up your butt...lol

yes, i am fanatical with it comes to star wars, and i love being it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Nothing personal. Stress relief response. Making my position somewhat clear.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
TheReaper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:32 am

Hi everyone, I just checked this mod and it'ii be awesome. I created a rough draft for the Imperial fleet, it's wery rough but I want you're oppinion about.

Units and doctrines of the Imperial Company
Garrison infantry
Tie Mauler

AT-ST Walker
2M repursor Tank
SPMA Walker
2M repursor tank

Doctrines

Imperial War Machine Doctrine
Vehicles build fater
Field repair
Off map heavy artillery

Heavy weapons (tripod heavy laser gun)
Dark Troopers
AT-AT walker support

Air supperiority
Close ground attack (a tie fighter attack the ground troops)
Tie Bombing run
AT-AA walker call in

Air Recon (a recon fighter flight in reaviling the fog of war)
Star Destroyer turbolaser barrage (Star Destroyer in orbit bombs to the specified area)
Supply drop

Mercenary support
Offensive support
Call off map combat infantry units (different species)
Call off map vehicles (clone wars era, or MZ8 Mobile cannon)
Call off map Canderous Assault Tank

Diversion tree
Booby trap buildings
Booby trap strategic points
Scorch strategic points

Most of this experience from the Empire at war game, and I studied the ww2 era.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jango34
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Hey guys im a really big star wars fan and i hope the mod will be finished soon.

well i have two questions:
the first is will you be able to play the mod online?

the second is something planned which will replace the airborne?something like mandalorians landing on the map with jetpacks Razz (just an idea of someone who loves these guys)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nomad
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:25 am

Jango34 wrote:

the second is something planned which will replace the airborne?something like mandalorians landing on the map with jetpacks Razz (just an idea of someone who loves these guys)

I don't know about the first question. But the Airborne is being replaced by a special operation doctrines (subject to change during development).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arca2
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:48 am

Quote :
Jango34
Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:06 am
Hey guys im a really big star wars fan and i hope the mod will be finished soon.

well i have two questions:
the first is will you be able to play the mod online?

the second is something planned which will replace the airborne?something like mandalorians landing on the map with jetpacks (just an idea of someone who loves these guys)
1. We are still in the early stages of development Smile
2. As Nomad said subject to change wit the doctrine decisions Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:14 am

Hello, welcome to our forums and...

1. Yes, as long as other people have the exact same version as you it shouldn't have any problems.

2. Nomad addressed this.

Back to top Go down
Arca2
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:13 am

afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stormtrooperge
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:24 pm

This is asuming that the Imperial Stormtrooper will be the basic Infantryman for the Empire, perhaps make a 501st Unit to act as the the mods "German SS Stormtrooper" and if using a Officer unit give them a outfit similar to Janek Sunber (see the Star Wars: Empire graphic noval To the Last Man"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darthdraxcon
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 pm

sorry for being away so long, but back now and ready to spread some holy star wars wisdom and facts...

i like the doctrines for the Imps, but what about those to the rebels, what would those be like?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Well, if we get enough people at some point I was thinking of having two divisions of the team. One focusing on the Empire, the other on the Rebel Alliance.

Or....if not the ideal situation, we just focus on the Empire as we are now and once they are close to being "beta ready", start working on Rebels.

Back to top Go down
Darthdraxcon
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:23 pm

well, i have an idea for one of their doctrines "roguish wraiths", since the Rogue and Wraith squadrons are basically uber elite pilot/commando units of the rebels
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GzaDrunkGenius
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Hey guys,

I have a suggestion, maybe these two babies?

Armored Assault Tank
TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank

Don't know if they fit into your plan or time-setting, but i figured they must be easy to animate, since they don't use any tracks or leg-kinda movement. Still alotta work though xD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:48 am

Yeah, we got a Saber variant planned. And your right, they are about the easiest it get to implemented.

Back to top Go down
jeff the mighty
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 am

Would it be possible to use the AT-AT or a jetpack ability that could be used to cross rivers or would they be too hard to implement
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WelshManDan
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:41 am

We have a few ideas in mind for jetpacks, cant release any info on it at the minute though as we are still discovering the boundaries for such a drastic implemenation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeff the mighty
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:04 am

oh, fair enough, hope you get it working
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustDoIt8
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 am

Hey guys!!

I came up with a couple of ideas that I want to share and hear your comments.

-First is about the 501st and stormtroopers as whole. You could change the number of members in the squads. Like 3 for 501st(the are elite and rare) and 4 for ordinary stormtroopers.
As I don't know how your work on imperial stormtrooper model is going , how about making those guys armed and equiped bulky? Most of the scenes in Star Wars Episode IV included imperial heavy weapons trooper(the ones with orange pouldrons and black backpacks).
Really impressuve and dangerous trooper. But ,to my mind, it would go much better without poulldron and with some ammo pouches(can take from heavy assault PE infantry). Choice of weapon is even more important.Someting heavy and long would make them looke more realistic. Logically, a shorter E-11 blaster has shorter range than DLT-19. Fireing speed may copmpensate at shorter range (for E-11), but a squad would be cut to pieces if in the open or while moving to assault enemy.
-If you are making imperial scout troopers which have white poches, then you could take those from commonwealth infantry.
-Now about the rebels. You could change vanila assault engineers from commonwealth to Rebel commando. They have vests(some coloring would be good), they have their faces covered(rebel style).Change the helmet and job is done(i guess).
-As for rebel artillery an ion cannon form "Empire stikes back " could be useful. Static unit ,firing heavy projectile toward enemy base. This unit would be costly and one of a kind. Empire would have to concentrate on this gun in order to gain superiority and for rebel troops it would be a big challenge to defend.Once lost it shouldn't be possible to rebuild or redeploy.
That's not all,but I want to see your update first;)Hope to get a quick reply!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official Units/Vehicles Suggestions Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next